White adipocytes, a type of subcutaneous adipocytes, play an important role in energy storage. White Adipocyte Culture Kit, V-1 (Rat) contains preadipocytes isolated from rat subcutaneous adipose tissues and culture medium that induces differentiation of precursor cells into mature adipocytes. The kit provides a convenient system for studying the mechanism of adipogenesis as well as for analyzing effects of drugs on metabolic syndrome such as obesity, diabetes and hypertension.
Search for obesity, diabetic, high blood pressure, and drug for arteriosclerosis
Development of preventive food of lifestyle-related disease
Functional test of antiobestic functional food
Lipid metabolic experiment
Thermal energy release experiment
Function clarification of Brown Adipocyte
Screening of new β3 agonist
|Product Name||Size||Quantity||Storage Conditions||Stability|
|Subcutaneous White Preadipocytes (SD Rat)||3.0 x 106 Cells||1||Liquid Nitrogen||1 year|
|-80°C Freezer||1 year|
|White Adipocyte Culture Medium
(Cat. No. PMC-SACMR-COS)
|250 mL||1||-80°C Freezer||1 year|
|-20°C Freezer||6 months|
1. Thaw Adipocyte Culture Medium in a 37°C water bath with gentle shaking.
2. Quickly place Common Precursor Cell vial in a 37°C water bath until the contents are thawed.
3. Transfer thawed cells into a 15 mL centrifuge tube containing 10 mL of Adipocyte Culture Medium. Mix gently and centrifuge at 4°C at 170 x g for 5 minutes.
4. After removing the supernatant, re-suspend cells in 10 mL of Adipocyte Culture Medium and centrifuge at 4°C at 170 x g for 5 minutes.
5. After removing the supernatant, re-suspend the cell pellet in 12.5 mL of Adipocyte Culture Medium.
6. Dispense 0.5 mL of cell suspension to each well of 24-well plate.
7. Incubate the plate at 37°C under 5% CO2, 100% humidity.
8. After 1 Day culture, add 0.5 mL of Adipocyte Culture Medium gently to each well of 24-well plate.
9. Change the medium every 2 days. Be gentle not to disturb the cell layer.
i. Approximately 3 days of culture, preadipocyte culture becomes confluent.
ii. Approximately 4-5 days of culture, cells turn to mature adipocytes.
iii. Approximately 7 days of culture, cells become hypertrophic.
iv. Approximately 8 days of culture, start detaching from the bottom of the well.
Subcutaneous Adipocyte Culture Kit V-1
White Adipocyte Culture Medium
To be used for research only. DO NOT use for human gene therapy or clinical diagnosis.