Vitellogenin (Vg) is a precurser of egg york and detected female serum near ovulation. Vg is usually synthesized by effect of estrogen (female hormone) in the female liver in the vitellogenic stage, is taken in the egg through the blood inside and composes the yolk protein.
Vg is not detected in male serum, but treated with 17β-estradiol, Vg is detectable in male serum. Recently, Vg is paid to attention as a biomarker of the environmental endocrine disruptor that exists in environmental water such as rivers.
|Mummichog||Carp||Red sea bream||Medaka|
Medaka vitellogenin was purified from female serum.Red sea bream and mummichog vitellogenins were purified from male fish indused with 17 β-estradiol. Each antigen were diluted to 5μg/mL and added to microtiter plate.
Primary antibody : Purified monoclonal antibody(3C1)
Working dilution : 0.1〜0.5μg/mL (Fixed quantity system by ELISA has not been established.)
Plasma(dilution 1:40)from female fish (carp) or male fish induced with 17β-estradiol(red sea bream,mummichog and medaka)
Primary antibody : 3C1 diluted 1:100000
Working dilution : 0.01~0.1μg/mL
|Format||Mouse monoclonal antibody 1.0mg/ml|
|Buffer||10mM sodium phosphate , 0.15M sodium chloride , 1%BSA , pH7.4|
|Storage||Store below 20°C.|
|Once thawed, store at 4°C. Repeated freeze-thaw cycles should be avoided.|
|Immunogen souce||Mwdaka vitellogenin purified from serum of 17β-estradiol treated serum and ascite|
1) N.Hiramastu, M.Shimizu, H.Fukada, M.Kitamura, K.Ura, H.Fuda, and A.Hara, (1997) Comp. Biochem Physiol. 118C(2) 149-157
2) N.Hiramatsu and A.Hara. (1996) Comp Biochem Physiol. 115A(3) 243-251
3) H.Okumura, A.Hara, F.Saeki, T.Todo, S.Adachi and K.Yamauchi,(1995) Fisheries Science , 61(2) 283-289
4) T.Matsubara, T.Wada and A.Hara, (1994) Comp Biochem Physiol. 109B(4) 545-555
5) Y.Tao, A,Hara, R.. G. Hodoson, L. C. Woods lll and C. V. Sullivan, (1993) Fish Physiol. Biochem, 12(1) 31-46
6) A.Hara, C. V. Sullivan and W.W. Dickhoff,(1993) Zool . Sci., 10(2), 245-256