Terms and Conditions
Article 1. Definition
- Terms used herein shall have the following meanings.
- “Cosmo Bio Website” refers to the operator of this website.
- “Users” refers to those who reside outside Japan and purchase or intend to purchase products through this website. Those who reside inside Japan should contact Cosmo Bio’s agencies.
- Service may not be available due to restrictions on shipping, etc.; please check service availability or unavailability on the List of Service-accessible Countries.
Article 2. Entering into agreements/purchasing products
- Your order for any product through the Cosmo Bio Website will create a Cosmo Bio Website Order Confirmation email containing confirmation of your order and the order details. Approval of your application for an agreement will be completed when this mail is sent to you. Users may purchase products listed on the website according to the following procedures.
- Users may make purchases using their credit cards or purchase orders (if users have been certified through the Cosmo Bio Website).
Article 2-2. Using credit cards for purchases
- Visa, Master, American Express, Diners Club, and JCB cards are accepted. Credit cardholder names, numbers, and expiration dates will be verified when making purchases. Credit card payments are made in yen; the exchange rate on the date of the credit card payment applies.
Article 2-3 Using purchase orders to make purchases
- Only users that have been certified through the Cosmo Bio Website may make purchases through this process. A pro forma invoice will be sent to you after placing an order on the website; please confirm the details and send your official order by fax or email file attachment. Please note that your purchase order will be official when this reaches us.
- Please make your payment within 30 days of the date the invoice is issued. You will be charged 1.5% monthly interest on the purchase price unless payment is made within 30 days. Please follow the payment procedures in reference to the details of payment contained in the invoice. We may request advance payment depending on the particular circumstances.
- Bank Wire Transfer: The customer is responsible for any and all transaction fees charged by the banks performing the transaction. Be sure to ask your bank what their fee is for performing the wire transfer and include it in the total amount transferred.
- We have a discount plan for bulk orders. Please contact us for information.
- We do our best to provide accurate product information on the website. Product prices on the website do not include shipping charges, VAT, import tariffs, and service charges incidental to fund transfer; some transactions may involve other expenses (handling charges, etc.). Shipping charges will be posted after products are specified for the purchase; please submit payment for the products, shipping, and other expenses.
- We will email you from the Cosmo Bio Website if no shipping charges are posted. Users will please pay all expenses including payment for products, shipping charges, and other expenses.
Article 5. Price revision, changes, and discontinuation of listed products
- This website may without notice to users and at the discretion of Cosmo Bio Website discontinue sales of products listed on the website, revise prices, and change or discontinue delivery of other services.
Article 6. Import duties, taxes and charges
- Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility and are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up. Do not confuse them for additional shipping charges.
- Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to buying.
- We do not mark merchandise values below value or mark items as "No commercial value" – International government regulations prohibit such behavior.
Article 7. Shipment of products
- Companies handling delivery of our products include FedEx, EMS, and TNT Express.
- Products will be shipped under transport conditions based on the characteristics of the products. Reagents are basically delivered in a cold-box using Blue Ice (cold insulator) (FedEx will be used for delivery).
- Shipment information on shipped products will be provided for users by email.
- Please contact the respective delivery companies for information on the delivery status in your country (tracking numbers, etc.).
- Cosmo Bio Website pays utmost attention to the maintenance of quality.
Article 8-1. Acceptance inspection
- Please check the products upon delivery against order descriptions and any loss or damage.
- Please inform us of any problem with the products within 48 hours.
- Cosmo Bio Website will disclaim responsibility for any defect unless informed within 48 hours.
- Please store the products as indicated on the data sheet of delivered products; transport conditions may differ from storage conditions.
- The risk and right of loss concerning any product purchased by the user will remain with Cosmo Bio Website until the user has received the product.
- We will not accept any return due to characteristics of the products; however, contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org concerning the following claims. Cosmo Bio Website will respond promptly to all claims.
- 1. Purchased products differ from delivered products;
- 2. Any damage, defect, etc., is found in the products.
Article 9. Restriction on product use
- Use of all products on the website is restricted to research purposes; we will not be held liable for any use other than for such purposes.
Article 10. Technical service
Article 11. Necessary documents
- Special customs documents (approval documents, attached documents, etc., of importing countries) specific to the countries of import may be required depending on the product and the country. Please provide the necessary documents and information at the time of your order
Article 12. Treatment of users' personal information